Sunday 5 October 2014

Driving along a jungle lane




Today I borrowed Muyassar's car (the art teacher from Uzbekistan) and drove down to Chiangmai to visit the bank.  It was great to be driving a car again.  I have missed being behind the steering wheel and going where you like.
Saturday morning banking is possible here as branches in shopping centres are open.   The staff are friendly and welcoming, and there is more than one staff member there to help you - how unusual.  I had two people helping me and as I left they gave me a free purple umbrella to match my purple glasses, not like an Australian bank at all.
On the way home I decided to do some exploring  of the  "I wonder where that road goes" variety and followed this narrow lane way.  It was a lovely windy road through the jungle, with walking tracks off to the side.  You can just make out a small shrine on the left hand side of the road.  Unfortunately when I looked further there were piles of rubbish dumped on both sides of the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comments and responses. Mary