Friday 28 November 2014

Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving

Turkey and mashed potato followed by pumpkin pie.  The full American meal for Thanksgiving.  It was great to have mashed potato and the turkey was lovely.
I enjoyed my first ever slice of real pumpkin pie. Actually it was my second as we had turkey and pumpkin pie in the dining hall last night.  However it was extremely average, with small portions and the Americans told me not to judge pumpkin pie by what we were given.
It did seem bizarre to be eating turkey in Thailand. Another cross cultural experience.
The restaurant was quite good and is apparently a popular breakfast spot, so I will be heading there again.  I was also excited to see that they sold grain bread, cheese and milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comments and responses. Mary