Friday 23 January 2015

A Charging Baby Elephant

I called in to see the elephants on Sunday afternoon. 
One group had just left with tourists on board and these were being feed - leaves and bananas.  This baby elephant and another of a similar size headed towards me with great interest and basically had me trapped against a tree as they used their trunks to search for food in my camera case on my head.  

Despite telling them I had no bananas, and patting them they persisted in their search for quite a while and I was able to pat them and get covered with elephant snot.

After they departed I realised there was a banana in the backpocket of my bike top.  The elephants must have smelt it  and wanted to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comments and responses. Mary