Tuesday 11 August 2015

Our Taxes at Work


On Saturday I went over the Australia-Thai-Laos friendship bridge which crosses the Mekong River to link Vientiane in Laos, to Nong Khai in Thailand.

I travelled in a luxurious, ten seater van.  Just me, the driver and his wife, Jiap who works at school.

I went to Nong Khai to meet up with a friend from APIS who had kindly made the ten hour drive from Chiang Mai to deliver my stuff (boxes, bike, chair).  

The amazing part of the journey was the loop in the road where you change from driving on the right hand side of the road in Laos to the left hand side in Thailand and vice versa on the way back.

The other amazing part was the Mekong itself.  Broad, full and fast flowing after heavy rains in the north of Laos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comments and responses. Mary