Friday 12 September 2014

The Rice Paddy

The "rice paddy" is the staff name for a bar/restaurant just near school.  The words bar and restaurant imply a level of service, comfort and food that convey an overly exaggerated image of the place.  You can buy a coke and a beer and there is a menu with pictures that you can choose from.
I had a bad day on Tuesday - rude Year 10 boy - say no more.  When Muyassar, the Uzbeki art teacher, asked how my day was, I became a bit upset (in typical Mary style).  At dinner time Muyassar knocked on my door and suggested the "rice paddy".  So I had a beer, some chicken and hot basil and a debrief about life at APIS with Muyassar and an American couple and felt much better.
The food was fine, the beer was cold, the view was green and conversation cathartic.  Hope you all have a lovely weekend.
I am off to Chiang mai for an ex-pats ladies night hosted by the Principal's wife.

1 comment:

  1. The Rice Paddy sounds like a pretty important place Mary!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comments and responses. Mary