Wednesday 26 November 2014

A Walk to a Waterfall and Beyond

My Saturday afternoon stroll to a nearby waterfall turned into a saga.
1. The track was unmarked, with many junctions and a few signs written in Thai.
2. I could hear the waterfall, but not see it.
3. I arrived at this spot with a crossing over a creek, but couldn't actually cross. The waterfall was below passing through a rocky chasm.
4. Instead of retracing my steps, I decided to keep walking in the direction of school.
5. As the sun was setting I found a small lake, but no track leading off the main ridge.
6. As the evening darkened the jungle seemed to become denser and more overgrown.
Finally I found a small section of concrete track heading downwards which eventually  lead into the village near school, but I long way from my original starting point.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comments and responses. Mary