Thursday 6 August 2015

A long stroll - or wandering while lost

 Yesterday I decided to walk home from school, BUT:
it rained after I had been walking for about 10 minutes,
So I sheltered under the awning of a minimart for 20 minutes;
I confused reference landmarks,
So I took the wrong left turn,
I arrived at a set of traffic lights that were a surprise as there a few here,
So I rang Mark "where I am?"
He had no idea,
So I started walking again and hailed this friendly Tuk Tuk driver and his Tuk Tuk.

My Lao is non existent, and of course I have a broad Australian accent,
So he couldn't understand my pronunciation of Wat Amphonh,
We drove somewhat aimlessly around the streets
So he asked for help and also stopped at a police box
Using the USSR embassy as a reference point was more easily understood,
So we finally headed in the right direction;
It had been raining
So of course there were many large potholes and bumps- not so good for the bum or back
Eventually I arrived home, paid 50,000kip or about $8AUS and was happy with my adventure



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comments and responses. Mary