Friday 5 September 2014

Downpour in Chiangmai


Last Saturday in Chiangmai it teemed with rain for about 30 minutes.  Luckily I was in the room at
 my guesthouse.  When I came out the streets were flooded.  The locals weren't phased at all.  Walking, cycling, driving and riding their motorcycles and scooters through the calf deep water. Look at the color of the water!  I did not want to walk in it!!!!!
The water made it impossible to cross the street or to walk along the footpath.  I managed to make it to the corner and amused the passing traffic by taking photos.  Then I  spotted  a sign for a Thai massage, in the beautiful building below. I jumped a small barrier and came out an hour later, slightly sore, but also relaxed and the water had disappeared.




2 comments:

  1. Dont these people understand its dangerous to drive through flood waters!? Did you call the police? Maybe give Gai Patterson a call at ABC Goulburn Murray and she can broadcast a few warnings on ABC Digital Radio, your emergency broadcaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different world - different experience! Keep enjoying Mary & the massage sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comments and responses. Mary