Sunday 22 March 2015

Relaxing Saturday Afternoon at Valley Coffee


I have a new favorite spot to hang out on the weekend.  Valley Coffee is about 8 km down the hill from school at Lanna Resort .  
Its a lovely setting in a manicured garden with a creek meandering next to the hill side. I can sit in a little hut, with a lemon tea, read my book, check the ABC news on the ipad (free wifi) and enjoy being off campus.  






I sometimes cycle town after school.  As always its a "grunt" to get back up the hill, but its good exercise. Its also a good place for a break if I am cycling up from Chiang Mai.

This afternoon I met up with Muyassar, the art teacher from school.  Her sons Ilyos and Yakyho had great fun playing in the creek and ascending and descending in the cocoon chairs using a chain pulley.

In the photos you can see the orange/brown hues of the burnt trees and of course the smoke haze that has been annoying for the last two weeks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comments and responses. Mary