Saturday 30 April 2016

Tasting Tea

Drinking tea is a ritual in China.  When I was freezing cold riding down from Shangrila at 3500m to the start  of Tiger Leaping Gorge at 2200m, and there was fresh snow on the mountains - BRRRRR, I stopped at a petrol station for respite.  The men in the office inivited me in, made a brew and happily shared many cups of tea with me.  (The cups are small and you either sip or gulp in one mouthful)

I spent considerable time in this tea shop in Shuhe (near Lijiang) tasting different blends, quality and types of tea.  I left with "the best" black tea leaves from Yunnan - of course. 

The shop assistant (in green) had non existent English and called in the girl from the shop across the way to come and chat with me and explain the teas.  A fun way to while away the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comments and responses. Mary