Sunday 24 April 2016

Tiger Leaping Gorge scenery was beautiful BUT...


I walked towards, then through this waterfall on the Tiger Leaping Gorge trek.  
It was beautiful.  BUT the second photo shows the pipes and poles and powerlines that were behind me as I took the photo.

Tiger Leaping Gorge is definitely not a wilderness experience.  There were pipes along the trail in different places, including a huge white poly pipe in one place running down the slope to the river.  For the first half of the first day there was a constant pounding accompanying me from a quarry or mine on the slope on the other side of the gorge and at one stage I walked past the factory seen in the photo below.

 The lower walking track along the gorge is now a sealed high quality dual lane road. Tour de France quality switch back roads are being built to the villages I walked through so tourists can be delivered in minivans - they walk around, admire the view, take some photos and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comments and responses. Mary